EL8 3.66% 39.5¢ elevate uranium ltd

mey significantly derisked

1. 138 Posts.
    Found an article examining the risks of investing in junior uranium in Africa.
    You have to say that MEY ticks every box if you're looking to derisk your investment -

http://investingmblog.co.cc/risks-in-uranium-stock-investing-africa/

The risks for uranium stocks in Africa

As with any company investing in natural resources, mostimportant consideration is whether there is an economic deposit to be exploited. Of course, there are many other considerations that face a registered investment adviser could clarify. From his perspective as an experienced geologist, Greenway suggested investors consider at least the following six points during the study of uranium companies that are developing a property in Africa.

1. POLITICAL RISKS. As for any "exotic" country or continent, such as Mongolia or CentralAsia, there is political risk questionable. Case, Greenway, we asked if there were any African nations to avoid. "Zimbabwe has a lot of certainty that what is happening there yet," he replied. "Niger has political issues and water." According to our analysis of news articles, NAMIBIA SEEMS A POLITICALLY STABLE COUNTRY.

2. INFRASTRUCTURE. Unless the deposit is world class, if there is no infrastructure in place, then the deposit will remain with Mother Nature a little longer. Infrastructure can mean roads, pipelines, or transport system is necessary to move the ore to a processing plant. If the project is large enough, it will be built to service the deposits. In the case of filing of Forsys Metals Valencia, it is near the Rossing Mine. Not so close that some additional infrastructure may be necessary, but not hundreds of miles away from a mill, either. (And in Marenica's case, we are right next to Areva's existing infrastructure at Trekkopje)

3. WATER. Many parts of Africa is arid. The World's Largestdesert, the Sahara is part of the African continent. Uranium deposits in Namibia are in a desert. Therefore, the water, there must have easy access to explore and exploit the deposit. (We will likely have access to the spare capacity at Areva's Desalination Plant that services Trekkopje)

4. ELECTRICITY. "Namibia is highly dependent on South Africa for their electricity supply," said Greenway. "But they talk about expanding their KUDU gas fields in the south, build gas-fired electricity. "Other countries may rely on expensive diesel to generate electricity."

5. TENURE OF OWNERSHIP. "Previously, Angola and Congo have had problems with the tenure of ownership," said Greenway. "You would find two companies with the same piece of land depending on who got the most corrupt. "Greenway suggested that this could still be found in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). "THE LAND IS FAIRLY CLEAR CUT IN NAMIBIA", noted Greenway.

6. MINING CODEe. Basically, it defines how the government will keep the extraction of uranium. It is a mining code is really all about: royalties. "South Africa has become a little problem with this," Greenway said quietly. "Most other countries allow you to recover your money outside the country. Generally,The government taxes you 10 or 20 per cent on your project, then you can get your money out of the country. "He said in the debate South Africa" There is a code issued and there is a code that can be translated differently depending on who you talk to. "Greenway concluded:" I DO NOT THINK YOU'LL FIND THE SAME PROBLEM IN NAMIBIA."

For any project, the maturity of the region enhances the economics of a project worthy of uranium. The number of years it took to Rio Tinto to help develop relations in Namibia may smooth the way for Paladin, Forsys Metals and UraMin (and others). Again, have a great mentor (e.g. Areva?), as the Rossing uranium mine in the country where you want to develop a mine, may expedite the process of mine development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EL8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
-0.015(3.66%)
Mkt cap ! $121.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.5¢ 38.5¢ $318.8K 806.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 33344 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 23149 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EL8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.