SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

I would not put too much weight on MF article or any other...

1. 1,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    I would not put too much weight on MF article or any other analysts’ reports. They always say the obvious things. When shares are going down they write negative reports and when shares go up, they write positive reports.
    This is what MF wrote on SBM in September 2014 when the company was struggling after its failed acquisition of Gold Ridge mine in the Solomon Islands.
    “Another gold miner, St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) has dropped 8% to 14.7 cents. St Barbara operates 3 mines, one in each of Australia, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea. Although, the Gold Ridge mine in the Solomon Islands is being handed back to the government, as the miner decided it was all too hard and is walking away. The company is also struggling to turn around Simberi in PNG, with expectations the mine will become cash flow positive by June quarter 2015.http://www.********.au/2014/09/19/5-stocks-slammed-on-the-asx-today/

Then, this is what MF wrote on SBM when it was trading at $2.48 on 21 March 2016. By the way, I have highlighted a section of the article because it sounded like I am reading about SGH. Exactly the same situation. Failed acquisition, huge impairment, plenty of debt, SP down more than 95% of its high. After all this, SBM reported an incredible 2,262% gain within a 15 months period. I am confident that SGH will show a similar performance in 2017.
    “Things looked pretty bleak for the gold miner at the beginning of 2015. The shares were languishing at their lowest levels in nearly 10 years, while the company had booked a $94 million underlying net loss for the previous financial year – down from a $29 million profit in 2013.
    Gold prices were threatening to continue falling while it had also booked more than $400 million in impairments during the previous year. It had plenty of debt and its shares were worth just 10.5 cents at the beginning of the year, down approximately 98% from their high around $5.90 in early 2008.”

Fast forward 15 months however, and those shareholders who held on through thick and thin have been well rewarded. In fact, the shares are currently trading at $2.48 – representing an incredible 2,262% gain in that time.”
    http://www.********.au/2016/03/21/up-2262-is-it-too-late-to-buy-shares-of-st-barbara-ltd/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.