MFG 0.92% $9.85 magellan financial group limited

It's not a poor investment at all. You clearly didn't even read...

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    It's not a poor investment at all. You clearly didn't even read my post but are now beating your chest.

Let me make this clear to you: if you want to bet on global equities, go buy a global equity fund. You'll do very well - whether it's Hamish, GQG or a passive ETF. But DO NOT confuse investing in a global equity manager as an investment in global equities.

And "Good luck to you sir/madam when the US tech heavy MSCI index declines and cash flows reverse along with momentum." - what is that supposed to mean? Have you even looked at Hamish's portfolio? If this is what you are worried about, what do you think is going to happen to his fund given his largest holdings are those very same US tech-heavy companies? That somehow it will be magically spared from the chaos?

And @SallySet - Macquarie's share price collapsed in the GFC due to investment banks all being tarred with the same brush after Lehman's collapse and Adele Ferguson's (who is an excellent journalist with all due respect) faulty reporting about how MQG treated its capital and some of the loans it had exposure to. Macquarie survived because of its conservatism, it then made transformational acquisitions to build a "fixed annuity" business and invested heavily to finance the ESG transition. My "surefire" Macquarie is at $200+ today.

Last edited by SaltyInvestor: 28/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.85
Change
0.090(0.92%)
Mkt cap ! $1.780B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.87 $9.93 $9.77 $2.846M 288.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 837 $9.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.88 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.