MFG 1.17% $9.55 magellan financial group limited

MFG in the BUY zone, page-1008

1. 2,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1143
    Hi @noomxx

You are correct, nobody knows buys/sells during the month except for Magellan Fund Managers. We are not privy to that information, however I do use the latest publicly available information provided by the fund manager. I think that gives a good indication of how things are going for the month.

In terms of the cash holdings, it is much simpler than what you are saying, there is minimal impact as demonstrated through simple math in previous post. Feel free to demonstrate the variation you think is there and we can account for it in the future. I still think 0.5% is negligible in the scheme of things when a significant portion of the portfolio holdings are decreasing by over 10%.

The information is very basic (one dimensional if you will), it shows the potential future monthly performance of the underlying portfolio holdings. There is a degree of variability, nothing is perfect, however it is clear Magellan isn’t going so well at the moment. It helps those who are looking to invest for the first time or more in Magellan to make a decision on whether to buy or not. The trend in FUM directly impacts the bottom line - however I believe an investor should not invest money in Magellan shares until it is clearly demonstrated by Magellan that they know how to invest again. Performance has been lagging for a very long time now.

The other tables show the level of future downside risk inherent in Magellans portfolio. It is larger than other fund managers.

In terms of comparing to other fund managers, feel free to look at my other posts, it is all there. Not sure everyone wants to see them again, but yes Magellan has a PE ratio of 8 times, similar to Platinum.

If you think you can demonstrate a better way to show how Magellan is going, feel free to post. That is what hotcopper is for, opposing opinions and discussions.

Best of Luck
    Lost

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.