MFG 3.12% $9.94 magellan financial group limited

- To balance this out a bit I will say there were also several...

1. 619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 540
    - To balance this out a bit I will say there were also several positive comments made in the chat/Q&A window although these weren't mentioned in this article. Hamish was doing the show when the share price fell today so he was likely unaware of the share price at the time so obviously there were no questions asked nor comments made in the interview regarding this. The questions from the audience Hamish was asked were about semi-conductors, interest rate rises, how he relied too much on the China story and if Magellan's US exposure was too high. He spoke about his errors investing in China and accepts he made a mistake. I guess these details didn't work with the writers narrative though.

- The advice he gave regarding the market turmoil was pretty standard don't panic while the market fluctuates/is emotional.. Mr. market type stuff.

- Hamish also reiterated that their strategy is the achieve 9% absolute returns with a focus on investing in good quality businesses.

- He spoke a fair bit on current macro issues given the theme of the session (Investing in Challenging times).

- Overall was a pretty balanced interview with a few challenging questions about Magellan's approach (Cash holdings, China errors and US exposure) and some general market questions.

Last edited by Jayze87: 03/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.