MFG 1.98% $9.81 magellan financial group limited

MFG in the BUY zone, page-423

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    It could get to $26.... but so what. That's the point I am trying to make with my position on Magellan (and I did an update / response on my FinTwit today too).

If you are a buy and hold type investor, the most important things for you over the long term are the dividends at the point of time of purchase (~8% grossed yield) and the EPS growth over time. The entry/exit multiples and re-ratings are less important, though of course not immaterial. So even if it does go down to $26 (my guess was $28-30 would see a lot of resistance first), it's a slightly better entry point for your dividends. At that price, I'll top-up and add more *IF* I still believe that Magellan can grow through the business cycle. And considering how much they pay out in dividends and my personal hurdle rates for underwriting investments, they only need to grow by ~4% p/a for me to be way ahead. If they shrink slowly over time, well then the thesis is blown up. But right now, the market considers IOOF growth in to the future slightly more bullish than Magellan, and I find that hard to swallow.

GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.81
Change
0.190(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $1.773B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.61 $9.82 $9.55 $5.448M 559.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 875 $9.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.82 1469 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.