MFG 3.12% $9.94 magellan financial group limited

MFG in the BUY zone, page-477

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Hi lost,

A couple thoughts, The portfolio return over a sample size of < less than a month is basically meaningless, extrapolating it out 12 months even more so. Of course looking the longer term returns and risk is useful. It will be interesting to watch your model and see how efficient the market and share prices are in moving in correlation to the monthly portfolios. (thanks for posting it)

Glancing at the portfolios and fees, I know which I would choose. GQG portfolio looks quite unique and interesting, suggesting some more out of the box thinking and an active approach. MFG are charging higher fees to pick a bunch of large cap, cookie cutter US names. It's hard to see MFG creating much if any Alpha after fees, going foward in the long term IMO.

As far as investing in the management companies themselves, Same again... I would pick GQG, it already has momentum and more likely to have better returns + gather more FUM. MFG has been held on a pedestal for a long time by Aus investors.

For me personally, I wouldn't invest in either. I would just buy PAC as a derivative to get access to GQG at a large discount. (which I see you have already done on a the PAC threads, nice work.)

Sharkies

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.