MFG 1.60% $11.44 magellan financial group limited

I am glad you guys have noticed this about how the media bias is...

1. 866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    I am glad you guys have noticed this about how the media bias is on personal attacks or what not, rather than substance about the subject matter. For few months I have been talking to some of these journalists who create the impression of under performance on one bad year’s result. I asked them to write the other side of the argument as I had put forward in this forum. Answers I got are staggering and gives you inner workings of these industries.
    On one occasion one told me he gets my point after I spent lot of time explaining my logic. Then he said Hamish did not do anything major to his portfolio to get results he is having now, it is just that he held on to them. I told him that itself is a very critical decision for portfolio to come back. I write this to highlight how ‘small’ these journalists think about issues.
    On another occasion when I pointed out media negative, she told me that they have write articles that sells. Headlines with negativity reports sells better than others.
    Colouring articles on personal attacks are also a good winner.
    I think also there is this tall poppy syndrome too here. Noticed how it was phrased about associations with Jack Ma. If you are investing billions you are going to catch up with these icons in the business world and it is a good thing for the name of MFG or any other business that matter. To have someone like Ex Federal chair as an adviser to MFG was I think a great scoop. Of course she left when she became to treasury secretary of Biden government. They write all that stuff as a selling material to enhance their profile.
    Coming back to MFG , this week will be important with all major tech companies reporting third qtr numbers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.