MFG 0.70% $9.95 magellan financial group limited

To everyone else who isinterested in MFG had a really good month...

1. 860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154

To everyone else who isinterested in MFG had a really good month in performance wise of the portfolio.FUM should be above A$114 B on current FX rate. If you use last month’s FX rateFUM would be almost A$ 118 B.

In summary FUM has grown by A$15 B this calendar year. This has about $3B FXreserve too as invariably currency drops down to long term average of 72 to 73cents, it will be released. If you add the dividend yield too MFG performancefor current calendar year will be between 20 to 23% at current rate. As theeconomies are slowly moving towards normal time, performance of MFG will bemore and more noticeable. Specially with inflation and interest rate slowlycreeping up , which has not happened for 15 years, I know where my investmentsshould be.
    Just read some of the economic stories in Google about Brazil ,China, whichhappens when economic settings begin to change.
    There is much more to investing than just playing around with numbers than notunderstanding a thing about economics.
    Hamish and his team needs to get on the front foot now to sell latestperformance which has taken place purely on performance rather than mergers andadding small funds into your umbrella. I am sure Hamish can do that any time ashe has pristine clear BS.
    He has decided on different path adding diverse income streams to hiscorporate, similar to Warren Buffet and Macquarie Bank. Choice is yours.

I don’t have the info for inflowsand outflows. I am expecting it to be negative for one or two qtrs more, until investorsstart comparing current state of play rather than the Covid period.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.