GUN 0.00% 1.1¢ gunson resources limited

mg14 looking good, whats the holdup?

1. 3,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 165
    I keep producing this in the hope that management will push forward with MG14.
    Rueters indicate that Copper will most likely average US$4 per pound in 2011.
    Report from Bloomberg. Copper may jump to $5 as supplies stagnate.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2010-12-09/copper-may-jump-22-to-5-as-supplies-stagnate-u-s-global-investors-says.html

Gunsons PFS on MG14 at 67% recovery with copper at US$2.70
    Exchange = 86c. i.e. Aust$3.14, Cobalt at US$14.50. Capital cost returned in two years with $1.3m surplus. CHANCE OF A HIGHER RECOVERY!

A copper price of US$4 (currently US$4.08) at exchange rate of 98c = Aus$4.08 i.e. 94c higher than PFS. At 67% recovery this will create an additional surplus of
    .94Lb * 2204 * (18700 * 67%) = $26M additional surplus. I'm not sure of Cobalt pricing at the moment but I would believe the increase in price has at least kept up with the exchange rate deficit.

If there is a geologist in the house, how long does it take to establish a flowsheet for the extraction of the Cobalt?

The addition of Windabout should create an additional ($43m +$26m) * 10 = $690m. Even taking of 10% of this for repairs and upgrades on the plant, plus another 10% due to extra depth and working on the lowest recovery rate of 67% the net surplus for MG14 and Windabout should be around $580M.

I have always believed this company has huge potential but at the moment its almost as if "the lights are on, but nobodies at home". Christmas is almost here so if nothing on Cobourn is resolved by the end of next week, I would not expect to see any news until at least the end of January!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GUN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.