MGC 0.00% 43.0¢ mg unit trust

I believe it will be a joint bid by Saputo and Bega with Bega...

1. 505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    I believe it will be a joint bid by Saputo and Bega with Bega taking east and Saputo taking west located assets.

Both companies are liked and respected by farmers.

Saputo and Bega are both very keen

It will come down to price in the end and everyone getting a fair deal.

That price may not be upto people's expectations but for the sake of creating long term value and receiving a guaranteed price of milk which is inline with what competitors are paying ie $5.50

Buyers will need to push hard on the long term value which will be created.

@Amused you go on about how there will be no buyer and this is just an exercise the board is going through.  Suggesting mgnt know there will be no buyers. Now you are suggesting their maybe buyers.

Well I can tell you the board and mgnt are focused and working hard to sell the business.  They have worked hard to clean the business up ready for sale.

Yes they may not be buyers but to suggest they aren't that commited is rubbish. There main focus is to sell the business in my opinion.

They said they want to deliver value for mgc shareholders. This is achieved through a bid.

They said they want to achieve higher milk price for farmers. This is achieved through the new buyer immediately lifting the milk price online with mkt.

By the way the accc circus isn't a worry for the buyer. It is noise. The buyer is playing the medium to long term game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.