MGC 0.00% 43.0¢ mg unit trust

No one says they aren't hurting, but lets not dramatize this too...

1. 1,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    No one says they aren't hurting, but lets not dramatize this too much. They are losing 2% of their expected milk return for this year - and losing a further 3-5% for the next 3 years.

Few points.
    1. This milk crisis has made it seem as if farmers are losing 50% of their milk price, where instead its only 2% for this year !!
    2. MGC may be able to minimize the 3-5% in the next three years if they deliver on their higher revenue dairy products
    3. Also lets not forget - consumers are now going out there buying BRANDED milk, and farmers will also benefit from this.
    4. Farmers will not take any debt! the co-op is. Farmers will not be impacted at all except from a slightly lower milk price in the next few years.

I personally dont get all the fuss. Yes I'm sorry the world is not giving $6 milk right now, but MGC is trying its hardest to get it as high as possible. Yes they messed up by predicting a $5.60 milk price, but the impact of their MESS up is felt by INVESTORS who have lost 60% of their $500m. Not farmers who take on NO DEBT, got their shares at $1(where we are today).. oh they lose 3-5% of their revenue over the next 5 years? big deal.

AS STATED, if MGC deliver with the $500m they received and are investing in value add products then the farmers will be much better off. Investors who got in at the IPO of $2.10... will however, take a long time to recoup.

bottom line - lets not over dramatize the situation. Murray goulburn is in fine shape and will OUTPERFORM the general milk market through their value added products and scale.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.