MGT 3.39% 30.5¢ magnetite mines limited.

Hey RI, my post might have missed the mark slightly.I also 100%...

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313
    Hey RI, my post might have missed the mark slightly.

I also 100% agree with your cost breakdown calculations that we will be on par and possibly eventually lower with the big end of town. It was meant to be more pointing too the issue that people appear to be banging on about atm, rising the funds ($600M) to breath life into our beast & the apparent lack of suitably MASSIVE profit. There’s been plenty of “social commentators” claiming it’ll be nigh on impossible to raise. Which I don’t believe as I’ve seen far far more money stumped up for other major projects I’ve worked on with much shorter life expectancies & in far more difficult environments with absolutely zero infrastructure.

However with more and more countries pushing towards a cleaner greener future, I believe a company like ours with the product we have, with the greener SA power supply & the environmental low strip approach that they have selected & our location will make our product a very very attractive option both financially (Cheaper to refine) & environmentally for a long time to come.

My question regarding cost was aimed at raising that initial funds to get us producing a far greener product or countries/companies/people etc just walking the trodden path of more of the same. I think whoever invests in this with us will also see this green environmentally friendlier side of our operations as it will become not only more financially attractive because of carbon pricing etc and also the public relations side of it because we all know companies love to be seen to doing the politically correct thing.

Yes mining isn’t seen as the greenest industry, however the product is required and will be for decades to come & whilst we cannot currently match the big players, who would you rather hitch your wagon too? A company that takes our approach or a company like that who’s dams collapsed killing hundreds & causes untold environmental damage?

IMO as pressures mount around the world for everyone to clean up their act we more and more become the better option & in the big scheme of things $600M is a drop in the ocean. Crap NSW is currently spending a min of $1B per WEEK in subsidies, so state and federal governments combined with investors can easily stump up the coin with the knowledge they will receive tidy returns for a looooooong time!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.