MGT 1.89% 26.0¢ magnetite mines limited.

Hi guys. I could see there was more to this, so thought i'd put...

1. 2,891 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1407
    Hi guys. I could see there was more to this, so thought i'd put some work in, and share.

"Increased support for the export of iron ore from both the Gawler Craton, Braemar and Curnamona mineral provinces" - Port Playford Website.
    Operational from late 2022. Refer image below.

Gawler Iron Projects (north/south), as well as the Central Eyre Project belongs to ASX:IRD;

- "The Gawler Iron Project has the potential for a small 1-2 Mtpa development that may provide early sustaining cash flows." - IRD Website.

- "The Central Eyre Iron Project is located on the Eyre Peninsula of South Australia and is a collection of three iron occurrences (Warramboo, Kopi & Hambidge). Location is excellent, with the deposit lying close to the coast, with good options for power and associated infrastructure. The project geology and metallurgy outcomes are considered outstanding with a very large ore body and low grinding required to produce a highly saleable concentrate product." - IRD Website.

The Central Iron Project has Major Project facilitation status by SA Gov.

However, what's relevant in all this, is that IRD is also literally building their own port:
    "Iron Road is proposing a significant new export facility on the east coast of the Eyre Peninsula. The company has now secured sufficient land for a proposed deep water, 70Mtpa bulk export facility, capable of loading various size bulk carriers, including Capesize vessels. This would be the first port in South Australia to support Capesize vessels.
    Iron Road plans to export 20Mtpa of high quality iron concentrates for at least 30 years. After allowing for the initial CEIP requirement, an additional 50Mtpa of capacity would be available for third party users from inception of operations. The Port design supports straightforward expansion beyond the initial 70Mtpa capacity with minimal impact." - IRD website.

I'm not sure if third-party may include a certain MGT But IRD may not be using the measly 5mtpa Port Playford - at least longer term.

Maldorky belongs to Havilah Resources (ASX: HAV). Maldorky is high quality, and potentially massive re further exploration - twice the Fe in the ground as MGT - Management currently looking for investing partners, I'm reading. Not much action, it seems. But, that could change.

Hawsons is CAP - Carpentaria Resources. They're doing good, but what's relevant to us is that they have same production timeline as us - first ore late 2024.

My questions from all this, are thus very simply:
    - Who's going to be using Port Playford from late 2022? And will they be taking all the spare capacity by the time MGT (or CAP, or HAV or whatever) come along?
    - Might MGT utilise IRD's port? It seems like a more valid option, longer term, than Port Playford TBH. But would we have the rail capacity to transport from us, to them?

Correct me if any of this is wrong, pls/

Thank goodness for the excellent management of MGT - We're going to need some brains to get going, then grow.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3294/3294706-c0f2d5ff0165c149543e10bfd157dad9.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $25.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.0¢ 28.0¢ 26.0¢ $39.82K 152.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 26773 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 5.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
27.5¢ 28.0¢ 26.0¢ 17311
Last updated 15.58pm 26/04/2024 ?
MGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.