MGT 7.69% 28.0¢ magnetite mines limited.

The most important thing is trend. The higher the timeframe the...

1. 404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    The most important thing is trend. The higher the timeframe the more importance it carries. I use the weekly.

Within a trend there is momentum and I use RSI to predict which direction momentum is likely to go within the larger trend. Eg Is a move a correction within the larger trend?

I use BBWP (can be found on the TradingView library) to measure volatility. The combination of momentum and volatility will give you a good idea of the direction and strength of the movement. You can be sure that if BBWP falls to under the 10th percentile on the weekly there will be an imminent explosive move and RSI will give you a good idea which way the move will go.

I mark previous highs and lows to look for areas of confluence. In a previous cycle around .30 was a top for MGT so as we're in a downtrend and I haven't seen as signs of a reversal .30 seems like an area of confluence. Not a certainty, but an area of interest / confluence.

Within a range the 62 & 50% retracement levels are very important areas of confluence.

A couple excellent TA guys on YouTube are Eric Crown, Trader Maine, Jason and Michael Pizzino. One of the best traders the world has ever seen is W.D Gann. I highly recommend reading 45 years in Wall Street which is one of his more readable books. In particular focus on the 50% levels, 24 trading rules, bar counting ect.

I highly recommend investors / traders don't buy / go long into downtrends. Wait for a reversal signal and a higher low and a higher high as confirmation. Go long in an uptrend and short a downtrend. Use a stop loss. Stick to those rules and you'll save yourself a lot of hurt.

None of us know where the bottom is for MGT but buying into a steep down trend is daring the bears to rip you to pieces.

Funnily enough I was going to ask on the Forum if anyone has a rough idea of the value of land MGT owns (without the speculative aspect), licences etc ... this is a guess but I'm thinking the market is valuing MGT on the present value of the dirt it owns (not the potential value of the ore) and I think 20 million could be a number the market is considering. This is just my idea, pure speculation nothing more as I'm not particularly great with FA and reading quarterly reports etc

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.020(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $27.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 28.0¢ 27.0¢ $21.30K 76.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3291 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 77954 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
27.0¢
  Change
0.020 ( 3.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.0¢ 28.0¢ 27.0¢ 17909
Last updated 12.46pm 29/04/2024 ?
MGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.