MGT 0.00% 18.0¢ magnetite mines limited.

MGT share price, page-5479

1. 2,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 913
    Why do people think that Credit Suisse is manipulating the share price of MGT?? The broker data showing CS as active in MGT trades is just them acting as a broker. If in doubt, get hold of their funds PDS's and see which of their funds would be actively trying to reduce a share price on a speculative Iron ore stock as part of their mandate. The traders from CS, UBS, Citi, Mac etc target much bigger trophies than this size business. Get on the phone to their institutional broking desk and see how little they know about this end of the market.

The misquoting of broker data just blows me away every time I see it... a broker buys on behalf of an investor. Credit Suisse runs lots of wrap accounts so shows up on lots of broker reports. It just means that they execute the trade, they don't own the stock, they just buy or sell it for someone. Their Nominee groups are those wrap accounts..

As for manipulation... anyone setting stop losses just sets the price up to fall. It is the easiest way to lose your position at a discount. Stop losses are for structured positions using underlying stock to write options or warrants etc. No one with any money would be setting a stop-loss on a speculative stock. I personally use stop loss positions with UBS on a structured position however, I just buy the shares in MGT and leave them alone. Stop-loss positions in MGT will allow you to be targeted by a trading bot. You become the manipulator of the share price by using a stop-loss, not the trading desk of Credit Suisse etc...

rant over.

I can't wait until MGT is in production!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.