MGT 3.57% 27.0¢ magnetite mines limited.

MGT share price, page-6180

1. 1,291 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 392
    Hey,

I'm only answering because no one else did and others have helped me learn here through the years.

Firstly, I am assuming you live in WA.

After 16:00 EST, the market closes to regular punters like us. The market is then open to brokers to battle out the last 10 mins in an auction of sorts.

Last Price is what an ordinary person payed at 16:00.

The last 10 mins goes crazy.

You need to refresh your screen regularly to see how bids and offers change between 16:00 and 16:11 EST to get how it works.

You need to pay attention to numbers such as Matching Volume, Surplus Buyers and Surplus Sellers.

Matching volume/Price is really where you want to be looking at.

Same thing at 10:00 EST until the stock goes through alphabetically. A-Z.

If you refresh the screen after 16:11 EST, you will get the final Last price - the close for the day.

Disregard anything market depth show after that until AT LEAST 07:00 EST because that is when orders since 16:11 start to show up, but you can't even rely on that because games get played right up until its opens - to brokers first and then the rest of us.

I hope this has been helpful. If I got anything wrong, can the others be kind enough to point it out?

If you really want to understand it better, my advice would be to stay glued to your screen and keep refreshing it for the last 10 mins after 4pm. You will get it after a few day and help you understand how games get played here.

Good luck buddy. Hope you go well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.