MGX 0.00% 43.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

MGX and GRR. Performance comparison Q4 2021, page-4

1. 2,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 472
    Hi ZMan,
    Wow we've certainly managed to generate some column inches in the wee small hours. I take on board most of your points with a couple of comments back to you:
    1. Unless there is some secret James Bond operation going on that I don't know about, I still reckon MGX only operated one mine in the June quarter. Many mines operate multiple pits simultaneously. Koolan had two pits operating. But it's still correctly described as one mine.
    2. A gold mine isn't a gold mine until first pour, in my opinion . Before that it is in development. Similarly Shine isn't a mine until it is shipping hematite. Perhaps I'm the only person who thinks like this? So Shine is not yet a mine, for me.
    Where I used to work, there was a very well understood service rule that we "under promised and over delivered". That means, we would typically tell someone that their widget would be ready by noon, when the estimate for it to be ready was 10:00. That way, if there was some delay, the customer would still be happy when they arrived at noon for their item. If you told them it was going to be ready by 10:00 and there was an unexpected delay, then of course when they came in for their widget at 10:00 they would express their disappointment and sound just like the Grange Chorus whining about their dividend.
    You apparently have more inside info into MGX's operations than many of us here. You'll be a legend and the new Oracle of the Mount if the next report is in line with your information. You'll appreciate that the rest of us, with no way of fact checking, are just doing the under promise over deliver thing. On the ASX, if you miss a forecast you get hammered. If you beat expectations, everybody loves you.
    I've heard that Bell Epoque talk before. Usually with the statement "this time its different". Nearly always, it isn't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.