mgx screaming buy or ugly flop???????, page-7

1. 223 Posts.
    article from the midwest times

They have mgx as mgi

Is it the same co?

Pipeline planned for Mid West
    By Rosalind Lane
    Wednesday, 13 April 2005

Representatives from Mt Gibson Iron (MGI) have already met with and gained support from the Yalgoo, Perenjori, Morawa, Mingenew and Greenough Shires and the City of Geraldton.

Greenough Shire director of corporate services Henry Eaton said the pipeline would cover almost 300 kilometres.

"It's predominantly following the Walkaway Road all the way to Geraldton, or at least to Narngulu just past the airport, and then it will follow the Southern Transport Corridor into Geraldton," he said.

"Their [MGI] exercise was to first consult with council to see if we had any problems, and we don't have any issues, and the next exercise is basically to discuss with landholders the personal issues."

The pipeline would be underground and would consist of one pipe to carry the slurry (a mixture of fine iron ore and water) to the port and another to transport the extracted water back to the mine site.

Project coordinator Warren King said it was estimated construction of the pipeline would cost $200-$300million, which was significantly cheaper than carting the iron ore by road or rail for the 20-year life of the mine.

Mr King said the environmental benefits of the pipeline would make a significant difference to the area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $462.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.5¢ 38.5¢ 38.0¢ $417.7K 1.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 669267 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.5¢ 2565 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.