FAR 0.00% 52.0¢ far limited

Michael Evans - Senegal

1. 780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    FAR's old CEO, Michael Evans, was loved my a few and hated by many. His managing style of self issuing generous share options and in later years generous share options plus a juicy salary seemed to cast a shadow over his FAR goals and ambitions but after reading some old 2009 company announcements he really was the backbone of FAR.

I have posted the links to the Shell JV withdrawal and you'll laugh when you read what Shell had to say about the Northern Fan. In hindsight I'm sure a lot of other CEO's would have pulled up stumps and also walked on Shells report. To ME's credit he did the opposite and immediately after the Shell withdrawal applied to the Senegal government for a new lease extension, which he got and then immediately went on the road again to find a new JV partner - a 5 year crusade. While many of us whinged about all those millions of shares he was the beneficiary of (going off memory here, but I think he left with around 6 mill in total) if FAN - 1  delivers what we're all hoping for, I hope he is still sitting on every one of them.

A huge discovery in FAN  1 (then 2 & 3) will see ME immortalized in the "FAR STORY" by his 2009 comment  "Shell has a history of leaving something on the table"

24th Aug 2009 - Shell Withdrawal:

http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/d...Jyb3JwYWdlcy9wZGZkZWxheWVkLmpzcA==&popup=true

1st Sept 2009 - Good Oil Conference

http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/d...Jyb3JwYWdlcy9wZGZkZWxheWVkLmpzcA==&popup=true

21st Sept 2009 - Senegal update and Lease Extension Application

22nd Oct 2009 - Quarterly Activity Report

These old announcements show just how close FAR came to losing Senegal and also reinforces the history FAR and Senegal enjoy. JujuM's post about the strong relationship FAR has with the Senegalese Government is right on the money. IMO if FAR walked when Shell walked it would have set Senegal back decades and I'm sure they'll remember and reward FAR for staying and being the gateway for the new  interest in Senegal. Things have only got better as CN is much better looking than ME ever was.

And dodds I think you should have put you name on the list mate instead of mine. To be honest I've never liked lists and learnt a lot from every HC poster. There's even a few that recently got me to learn how to use the ignore function. Like a lot of others I like the informative post and really enjoy (nearly type farjoy) the humorous posts - just can't stand those constant, repetitive, empty, non referenced and non holding posts. We all have different views and methods of expressing those views and IMO it's dangerous on a forum to follow the views of just a few. Collectively we all paint a much bigger picture and over the years I've been on HC, the depth of knowledge I have gained from all posters would have taken a lifetime of research.

Anyway time for bed but I do hope this earlier post of your's dodds below doesn't cause too much pain. I hope you sold before the SP graph took a Shelling a few days later. If you didn't mate don't worry I think a lot of us thought Shell would be a player and that's why I'm still trying to keep expectations in check while I'm enthusiastically  waiting for that "terrific" (thanks nav) ASX announcement from Cath.

Plugged

PDYOR

dodds 2009 post (Been in Far for long time like many others) How applicable is the post below to the coming weeks?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 53.5¢ 52.0¢ $17.03K 32.56K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10069 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.0¢ 22471 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.03pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.