PLS 2.33% $2.94 pilbara minerals limited

Michael Langford & Ken Brinsden, page-72

1. 333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 445
    The DFS (September '16) assumed commissioning from mid Nov '17 to end of Jan '18. Latest schedule (January '17) has commissioning Dec '17 to Feb '18. A delay of one month - not unusual for a mine development, with so many critical steps. I am backing Ken to deliver the program, given his mine development experience.

Also, Ken has talked about the importance of doing the "right deal" - with the right long term partner(s). With the market moving so quickly, the right deal 4 months ago may not have been the right deal today. I am OK if this takes a little longer, so long as the overall program is respected.

Further - where is the downside with the Shandong Ruifu DSO deal? Worst case is some reputation damage if they don't come up with the US$10m prepayment. Best case is significant early revenues. Given the speculation that Ruifu might get taken over, was it worth a punt? What would you do if you were the CEO?

Ken has been on board now for 13 months - he may taken some time to "find his feet" - but it looks to me as if his progression has accelerated in recent months (like a lithium demand s-curve!). The early appointment of Dr Wenbo Wang was clever. The significant time he has spent in China in recent months seems to be working - at least according to SN.

And financing is not far away now.

Relax people !

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.94
Change
-0.070(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $8.849B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.93 $3.01 $2.89 $64.87M 22.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 86878 $2.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.95 199466 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.