Michael Mosely, page-2

1. 18,095 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    @Newton999 I was upset by Dr Mosley's death - heard it yesterday morning on Radio National - he was a very practical man, with wonderful tests - often self-tested, how to remain healthy etc. - I am sure his inspiring, hands-on, experiments helped a lot of people.
    Seems he and his wife were on a holiday on a Greek island and he decided to take a walk, got lost on the way, had forgotten to take his mobile, but had an umbrella on him - and the temperature reached to 40 degrees. He eventually took a wrong turn over some pretty rough territory - just rocks - ended up at the edge of a resort with restaurant and water(!), laid down right at the edge, near a fence from heat exhaustion and died there, within reach of civilisation and water.
    He was a fit, healthy man, who exhorted others to do the right thing by their health, and died in such an ironic way, by neglecting to do a few simple things.
    The phrase; "Mad dog's an Englishman, goes out in the midday sun!" comes to mind; though, so far I have not heard at what time of day he took his last walk.
    RIP Dr Mosley, you were a good human!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.