Our home grown Populists seem to be more anti-intellectual than...

1. 22,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    Our home grown Populists seem to be more anti-intellectual than anti-elite per se.

The reasonable question to be addressed re the interview was; 'is it appropriate to
    label a taxpayers paid vaccine promotion with the Liberal Party symbol?

The Health Minister , apart from labelling Mr Rowland as Left Wing, tried to justify
    the appearance of the Liberal symbol on the basis that the ad was a Government ad.

This is unacceptable , IMO, on two fronts:
    -Minister hunt is the Minister for Health making a media appearance to truthfully convey a message to the public re covid 19 and the vaccine rollout
    -That a public attempt to discredit an appropriate question by attacking the credibility of the interviewer rather than answering the question.

The proper answer to the question ought to have been: "Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will take action to have the Liberal
    Label replaced with the Commonwealth logo ASAP" .

Instead, he mused about this issue likely to take up more than 50% of the interview; in other words he knew that the appearance of the
    Libs logo on the ad was controversial if not downright wrong.

But i guess social media has given a voice to those that the education system has failed
    or, perhaps to be more precise, those who failed the education system...eh?

No wonder that the public trust in politicians is waning ?

Roll on the next election.

PS: Thank you Mr Rowland for asking the question.
    Last edited by moorookamick: 11/02/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.