Michelle Guthrie, page-94

1. 18,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Blooreeler - I gave you an uptick, but would like to know what makes you such an expert at appointing CEOs, particularly to the ABC, the skill set for which would be very comprehensive, requiring a vast knowledge base of culture, music, diplomacy skills, personnel skills as dealing with extraordinary people, mostly,m plus the government negotiating stuff, fighting for a budget etc.?
    We are alle just guessing here, groping in the dark.

Just generally:  we - as a country are massively overpaying all our top executives, company directors - so she is just in line with many other fat cats lining their pockets with often little input into company affairs.  Just check out your company directors in the many mining companies which are start-ups - do nothing for years and eventually go broke, but the director, the CEO etc. etc. keep getting their salaries.  Often they are directors of many other companies.

This country is full of fat cats getting money for services NOT rendered - so why single her out? 
    Do you know how to do her job?

I don't really care what happened  and happens in this case, but suspect a bit of background bitching went on by - in this case - some of the men who thought she didn't deserve that position - and certain actions were most likely designed to get a certain reaction, perhaps initially just of a psychological sort - just to get her a little off-beam, watch her wobble, make mistakes and then go in for the kill; 'she isn't up to it, look at her' etc. etc.  Men are good at this game, particularly the type of man who I used to call - when young - the 'office stallion", who doesn't like to get his hands dirty with the hard yakka his tougher and often more simple and honest brethren are keen to do in life.

Just do yourself a favour and check the rate of top salaries paid in Australia, as compared to a country like Germany, which has outstanding technical ability but only pays one tenth (from memory) of the salary we pay here to their top executives and they still live the good life.
    Cheers
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.