LVT 0.00% 0.6¢ livetiles limited

Lakehouse Small companies fund sold LVT in Feb on the basis of...

1. 2,944 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1112
    Lakehouse Small companies fund sold LVT in Feb on the basis of Microsoft launching a competitive product (Viva).
    https://www.lakehousecapital.com.au/lscf/

I've looked thru all the posts above, and can't see any detailed explanation of the 2 products and what differentiates LVT from Viva; perhaps someone who is familiar with either (or both products) can lay this out.
    (arguably I've invested in LVT without fully understanding their product, but hard to understand the youtube videos and their marketing jargon when I don't use their products or understand their offering).

https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/50847111/single
    @Yvofifo thanks for your follow up and post, but that seems like marketing speak to me
    Someone explained to me that Amazon acts as a marketplace, and when it understand what products sell, they basically canibilise the market by producing their own product at a marginally cheaper price (look at all the amazon branded product in the US and you can see how they progressively take out successful sellers).
    This seems like what MSFT are doing, although perhaps not as deliberate...perhaps there is a big enough gap in their offering that they improve the application/s which just happens to be the space that Livetiles was occupying. Being a relatively new user to O365, and had teams access granted today, it would appear that the connectivity and usability is not easy (at least for novice users), so perhaps MSFT is just attempting to make it easier.

As for takeover etc, you'd imagine if LVT was useful enough, MSFT would just pay 300m and bundle the product into their offering for free (or a marginal fee), but I can't see any 3rd party coming into this space and taking over LVT with this potential overlap with MSFT unless they have a broader offering where LVT would be a beneficial addition to their product offering.

Coming back to the central question I asked earlier - has anyone got experience with LVT products and have they done a comparison with Viva......can't see anyone posting a detail explanation of either product and if they compete in the same space

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.