SYA 0.00% 2.6¢ sayona mining limited

Mid-stream processing, page-3

1. 17,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1149

Reduced Waste and Emissions

“Calix technology can treat very fine spodumene concentrates at lower lithia grades. Traditionally, lower lithia grade materials have been problematic for calcination using conventional direct-fire rotary calciners and have been disposed of as waste. The capacity to treat finer materials not only reduces this waste, but vastly improves lithium recovery.

The chemical concentration step is simplified under the SLiCC project. This allows for processing to be completed in its entirety at the mine site, rather than being transported elsewhere for processing. In addition, all the waste material is disposed of at the mine site eliminating the need to ship overseas for disposal. As the Calix technology solution for materials processing produces a higher lithium content in the final product, shipping volume is reduced tenfold, thus vastly reducing carbon emissions.

Additionally, as the material is calcined using an external heat source, the entire lithium processing method can be completely electrified. This allows renewable energy sources to be used as a fuel source, eliminating fossil fuels from the thermal treatment process.”

https://calix.global/sustainable-processing/slicc-sustainable-lithium-chemical-concentration-project/

- reduces shipping volume ten fold

- process can be fully electrified

- improved lithium recovery from lower lithia grade material

Taking into account everything we know about NAL, this process looks to be a very good fit for that project in particular but probably the others in the pipeline, including Moblan.

How much of what has already been built could be utilised in this mid-stream process?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $272.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.7¢ 2.6¢ $132.3K 5.076M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 5535912 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 8099101 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.49am 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.