JRV 0.00% 1.5¢ jervois global limited

SF, CA. Added some JRV today here, as capital becomes...

1. 61 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    SF, CA. Added some JRV today here, as capital becomes available-sold FREY very thinly traded OTC for the TSX Canadian shares-volume 67K of which 20% were mine. Markets low volumes with rotation in to seasonal cyclicals. So many sitting on gains that they are locking in for their reports and for them tax uncertainty. Earlier in the year there was concern of a rise in capital gains rates, and now corporate taxes and on the wealthy(though I think they will come out even) to pay for the "Social" Infrastructure bill currently in the Senate via reconciliation. There are large green energy provisions. It remains to be seen how much paring will be done by Joe Manchin on green energy(coal state) and Kyrsten Synema on corporate/wealth taxes(her main source of funding and maverick status). I don't think it will be that much since they already scored major political coverage with the previous bill and embellished their fiscal moderate/conservative bona fides. My wealthy older friends have all ensured the estate transfer of wealth to their children this year...
    Meanwhile, apart from NY Times article and follow on echo articles on the article in Gizmodo, Cobalt and Jervois, completely under the radar. The EV OEMs(Rivian,Lucid), Gigafactories, Networks, AI, Solid Lithium and LFP getting the attention. Tesla pushing Model 3 LFP on its waitlist, don't know how successful with its tweaked range, but charging stations lagging behind. There is no doubt in my mind that the way Americans drive and what they like to drive, including myself with an SUV and all those pickups, is mostly NMC. Of course Lucid put out the 512 mile range and got Motor Trend Car of the Year.
    As for materials, it seems the OEMs apart from Tesla are relying on the big 4 battery makers to procure resources until the battery prices start to rise. Americans always think they can innovate their way out of crises and those startups get the love. Not being natural miners like Canada and Oz,( to wit, the number of millennials and GenZers who do not know that Beef is Cow is astonishing), assuaged that LFP will be good enough, with silicon doping and solid on the way, as well as market ethnocentricity- a Silicon Valley veteran who buys Series B funding rounds, had never ever bought an OTC stock until I got him to buy some NVX earlier this year. For Institutions and ETFs it has to be on the NASDAQ and above $5. Though Elon tweeted about Nickel, people just don't get it, and are relying on him to figure it out, plus the complexity of Nickel mining ore reports like Talon- hasn't budged much.
    All this to say, that it is a great time to accumulate, and am expecting more share price velocity from things like Galaxy Digital, but don't expect much until 2022 and will hold at least until 2025. As more EVs get produced here with their NMC chemistry, Cobalt will get on the radar. An Elon tweet, dramatic forward price rise, government funding from the current bill or previous bill could tweak that. I will buy more as others mature in their cycle and capital becomes available. It's the early innings and for me the lack of coverage here(including the American equivalent of Hot Copper) appetizes my asymmetry chops.

Just a Californian perspective, IMHO, Thanks to those who provide some good info and links to Crux Videos. I have a subscription but don't actually watch it much. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $353.6K 22.62M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 6930430 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 3385185 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.6¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.97 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ 10049532
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
JRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.