Middle East War Expands, page-1444

1. 23,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126

Happy New Year to you (or if you can't be happy, be as happy as you can). I'm gratified to find more and more analyses out there of Gaza in the context of settler-colonialism for the past five centuries. I linked this one from MEE in a previous thread, it's also worth a look:

This is the genocidal practice of settler-colonialism, dating back at least as far as Bartolome de las Casas in his A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies (1552). In it, he documented for posterity the vicious brutality of the Spanish, butchering “savage Indians” in an orgy of violence. Israelis are doing the same to the Palestinians.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/israel-war-on-gaza-encapsulates-entire-history-european-colonialism

The historical pattern here compels my attention. Like previous data-points on a time-chart, the pattern implies a trajectory from today into something even worse. From tens to hundreds of thousands murdered, courtesy of one-ton bombs I pay for, as a USA taxpayer. Plus, in the tradition of smallpox-infected blankets for Indians, Israel deploys epidemic disease strategically in Gaza.

Posted by: Aleph_Null | Jan 1 2024 0:27 utc

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.