Shift in Israel’s Narrative on Iran’s 14 April missile Attack...

1. 21,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124

Shift in Israel’s Narrative on Iran’s 14 April missile Attack Signaled Israel’s Attempt to Strike Iranian Nuclear Facility

I had to change this paragraph because of breaking news (I started writing at 9:45 pm and then there was breaking news at 10:10 pm eastern):

Looks like Israel is “prepping” the narrative to justify its upcoming attack on Iran. I hope I am wrong and that Israel is engaging in verbal bombast and does not intend to follow through on its public vow to launch an attack on Iranian territory. In the immediate aftermath of Sunday’s drone and missile barrage, the West giddily celebrated a massive Israeli victory and a devastating defeat for Iran by claiming that 99% of Iran’s drone and missiles were shot down.

Damn. I was wrong about the timing but not wrong about the plan. U.S. news channels are reporting “Israel Striking Iran.”

Israel changed its tune today about its success in defeating the Iranian strike and shifted to claiming that Iran tried to hit an Israeli nuclear facility. CNN delivered the new spin today:

Who knows what was in precisely in the mind of the Iranian leadership. But they launched a bigger attack on Israel than any of the sophisticated air attacks that Russia has launched on Ukraine in the last two years of war. That tells you something. Yes. The drones take many hours. And yes, Iran did inform neighboring countries that something was coming in the next 72 hours. But this defense system that Israel was able to put in place with allies did a job that I think even the Israelis didn’t expect it to do, and certainly the allies didn’t expect it to do. Iran very likely hoped for a better outcome. We know that the air alerts that Israel put out to to the civilian population over the weekend told people in Dimona, where the nuclear facility is, to seek and take cover. So it’s clear that Israel knew that Iran was targeting the nuclear facility. And so this tells you several things. It perhaps explains, in part why Iran over the weekend, according to the IAEA, Director General Rafael Grossi, had shut down their nuclear facilities expecting the possibility of a very quick retaliation, which we understand was on the cards, a quick retaliation. But this also may signal that Israel is putting out in the public domain information about what Iran targeted. It was a nuclear facility, which to some people, would give legitimacy for Israel to strike an Iranian nuclear facility or its mind games, or they or they are just messing with the Iranians to the extent of maybe this is what we’ll target.

If you did not catch it let me make it clear — Israel is now claiming that Iran targeted the Dimona nuclear facility. That is going to be Israel’s propaganda spin going forward to justify the reported attack.

Israel may just have committed suicide. The Netanyahu cabinet is betting that Iran is unable to launch a massive retaliatory missile strike and that its threat to respond if Israel attacks are just hollow talk. Israel is pushing the bullshit that “this is a limited strike.” That is not how Iran views this.

I have confirmed from a source with access that Israel launched attacks on Isfahan and Tabriz with drones. Iran was prepared. Its air defense systems, according to my source, activated and engaged the Israeli drones and shot them down. Looks like we are witnessing the start of a serious war in the Middle East. This is going to escalate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.