Middle East War Expands, page-2051

1. 17,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @beforethebounce - I think religion can be quite poisonous, especially the more extreme ones - the people concerned are caught in a conversation with their g.d which gives them a cold heart towards everything outside their 'experience' or 'self-talk' more likely. This phenomenon can be observed all across the more extreme religions of the world.
    A major problem - and I have not visited Israel, just going by what I see on TV - is the fact that many Israelis do not agree with their present government, but once they have lost a family member due to Hamas etc., their stance becomes harder. So the longer this conflict continues, the less likely will there be any liberal thinkers left in Israel, which is a great pity.
    I remember - years ago - a movement by artists, musicians, to form combined orchestras - young Israelis and Palestinians making music together - don't know what happened to that. That, IMO is the only way forward; for their young to learn to do things together, but the extremists on either side don't want that. So sad! So many more lives lost or hanging in the balance!!!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.