SP8 14.3% 0.6¢ streamplay studio limited

and this is why companies test things before wider adoption....

1. 139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 221
    and this is why companies test things before wider adoption. Emerge aren't going to roll out something that falls over due the infrastructure, they will have tested it to try and ensure a smooth rollout, and appropriate games that function on the platform. its a big time for the company and the launch is a proving ground

5G will definitely be required for gaming at the same level as what you mention on a wired connection, and I see no problem with the timing here. Getting ready to launch the product next year and scale it alongside 5G rollout seems to be sensible IMO, either that or wait, and be left behind as competitors do it, and they are trying to do the same thing and also require 5G for scalability.

Emerge want to get a market foothold with a functional platform, make it work for a number of games, then scale it up along with infrastructure IMO.
    I think the rollout of the casual gaming platform for mobile first is a big winner, as casual game appeal to me is amplified many times if money is involved (hell id play 2d chess in tournaments for cash prizes for the small monthly subscription, but then again, maybe Im boring and easily amused). So I think that this wont affect the success of Miggster Mobile.

Regarding Miggster Premium, which is the focus of this whole 5G discussion IMO, I also think that announcements regarding testing will have to come forth, in the new year, and I am sure there will be webinars or Q&A sessions where we can ask questions. With my limited experience working in software, testing for scalability is a given for even small projects, let alone big ones like this, so I would feel confident that the chosen games will suit the platform and infrastructure come launch date, and there will be a plan to rollout other game titles throughout the year. A gradual rollout would make sense marketing wise too, as widespread adoption takes time and word of mouth (or social media) and time for people to prove to the community that it is worth it. It would be better to digest the news, try the product and see it work well and then you can build greater adoption by showing what is to come. I also think the market is patient when it comes to getting really high end games on demand streaming, just knowing it is coming is enough to generate buy in.

It is definitely ambitious, but thats why I love this one, I think Miggster Mobile is a given, and is enough for a rerate once we know conversion and can forecast revenue. The bigger product next year would be huge, and I think a beta launch with scalability as the infrastructure grows could be on the cards, and portions of the community can watch it grow, make suggestions, take part in testing, that is how it is usually done. There will be so much to discuss with this one following the mobile launch as if that goes off without a hitch, it will instil market confidence in what Emerge can do with this next ambitious and potentially very lucrative project.

I for one would love to see more telcos sign deals with Emerge, rolling out the 5g to meet the demand for the platform, hand in hand, it would pay for itself and make complete sense for the telco to be a part of it. Completely IMO but I wouldn't be surprised if there are other partnerships on the cards, with a few people watching how the mobile launch goes in November.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.