LYC 0.82% $6.05 lynas rare earths limited

might be time for nursery to launch rockets, page-75

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    S_s, sentiment should be changing - all other things being equal. You might be able to tell that from a chart, i don't know. But that is my best guess. I don't expect to buy at the bottom, or sell at the top, so long as it makes a multiple between my buy and sell, preferably over a more than twelve month period for tax purposes.

wadsworth, yes Toyota are continuing with NiMH for most hybrids, but introducing Li for some because of the space factor:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20030072-48.html

But their electric vehicles are all Li and no Nd in the magnets - well, no magnets at all:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54070/2013-toyota-rav4-ev-revealed-in-production-form-us-market-only

wads, it's not so much just being negative. I post this stuff because some posters say that there are no substitutes for REE, that REE demand will rise forever, and the prices with it; in short, Lynas is bullet proof. That's just base, ignorant ramping. It has taken Mt Weld so long to get into production that Lynas have missed out on some technologies almost completely, that have pretty much come and gone before they've sold a kg.

ausheds, your:

"Oh sure, but when has the market ever worried about what's going on now?

Don't forget Lynas was valued at $2.70 on fanciful earnings when it was over 12 months away from due date for projection, because sentiment was positive.

Now it's actually reached production and months away from positive cash flow that probably values it somewhere between $1 & $2 and the market says it's worth 60c, as sentiment is negative." and:

"I'm presuming when the market gets tired of being negative and starts to focus on the 5.8% pa demand growth for RE, particularly the 10.1% forecast for Nd/Pr + Dy, and Lynas reports a positive half Feb 14, it may just be in the mood for a good news story."

Absolutely. See my reply to S_S above - sentiment, about Easter is my guess.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
-0.050(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $5.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.03 $6.08 $6.03 $11.79M 1.949M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 44715 $6.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.06 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.