Mike Burgess own words, page-18

1. 17,967 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I understand how you form those views. The story of my friend, which made mainstream media in both nz and australia because of the preposterous nature of it, and the extent to which it was appallingly erroneous, tells me the security services can be both horribly wrong and ill informed. Because they gather information through people who may have no understanding at all of people or literally jump at shadows that can make it worse

but I still don’t think it malicious and I think they believe they are protecting Australia’s core values. The people protesting in many situations and that includes protest habits the Vietnam war and in nz against apartheid could be seen to be challenging government decision legitimately made however misguided or stupid they seem

I think the fact that we were able to protest is the point. I don’t thing it is entirely wrong to note the leaders. What matters is what they do with the information

I am glad I made the career choices I did because I never had to find out the consequences of stupidity. But it is not malicious. It is their belief they were protecting the country

as to my friend. - as I said to her recently right decision wrong reason. She would have been a prime candidate for a honey trap

as to the responses to protests these days - that’s not asio that is each state and federal government and in fact the conditions created by our generation. We may think we did the right thing but in fact we created the conditions for a different kind of arrogance and stupidity

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.