hanrahanRe your post which included;"... They are exempted ROAD...

1. 47,278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    hanrahan

Re your post which included;
    "... They are exempted ROAD TAX on diesel because they do not use it on the roads. ..."

My posts have raised the issue of tax evasion and tax revenue shortfalls in the context of large players - multinational companies and multi-millionaires using tax havens and global strategies to cheat Australia.

I am not seeking to hit family farmers and small miners with blunt instruments that would cripple them; quite the reverse in fact.

When everyone pays their fair share our tax regime is less onerous for everyone except the would-be-cheats.

Whenever I use my lawn mower, chainsaw, brushcutter etc. I have to pay the full cost of the fuels I use; if it's good enough for me then so too multinational resource companies able to make an artform our of delivering as little as possible to government coffers.

Most people can't afford to pay for accounting services to complete their tax returns; let alone employ armies of them at public expense in the manner in which some of our large corporations have become expert.

We need pollies to stand up to the abuses in our financial regulatory systems and we need mainstream Australians to put pressure on them and the media to expose such excesses.

Australian reporter; Gerard Ryle, is one of an international cooperative of 87 investigative journalists who have already spent 12+ months trawling through 160 times larger than Wikileaks files to unravel money laundering / tax havens, etc.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/australians-among-whos-who-in-leaked-documents-20130405-2hbyq.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/international-consortium-investigative-journalists-releases-secrecy-sale-inside-global-offshore

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/03/offshore-secrets-offshore-tax-haven

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.