ENG 0.00% 89.0¢ engin limited

mind if i swear, page-6

1. 993 Posts.
    With something like Tivo it is really hard to put a value on the technology, Living in the technology age most technology only have a lifespan of between 3-5years before something new and exciting comes out.

Something like Tivo has been around for donkey years in the US and has been quite successful but again they will need to upgrade and improve or they will be left for dead when something new comes out which is more efficient and better looking.

Tivo is a technology which was built around a nation who lived on TV, where there is hundreds of TV channels to choose from. The only way i can see this working in Australia is if there is something that can compete with the like of Foxtel.

As you might know there has been so many participant in the past who have tried to make a mark on the Cable subscription scene all have failed.

At the moment the cable subscription sector is highly monopolised making it hard for new entrants to enter the market. The sector needs to be deregulated to open the door for competition, should this occur then Tivo will have a bright future as there is now a choice for consumers.

Just from reading a few articles Tivo is only coming to Channel 7 free to air TV next year, what will motivate consumers to subscribe to something like Tivo if all they are gonna get is 1 Free to air channel?

why would they subscribe to this service when they can just pop down to their local harvey norman and pickup a cheap DVR box which does the same as what Tivo is providing?

Funding for Free to air TV comes from Advertising Tivo promotes it self as a tool to skip adverts why would advertising money come to seven if people are going to skip their adverts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.