INR 4.55% 23.0¢ ioneer ltd

I love seeing punters quoting where they think the share price...

1. 24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I love seeing punters quoting where they think the share price should be with no validation as to how they got to their price. Suggesting Ioneer should trade in the 20’s is no different to suggesting they should be $3.
    Yes, a lot can happen between now and when Ioneer start to mine, however that’s where you get the risk premium. If you want to own a producer, go for it but your upside is limited from here with the Lithium Carbonate price at $55,000pt.
    The major groups like Mac Bank are forecasting the Lithium Carbonate price to hold around $50,000pt until 2028. That’s a far cry from the $12,000pt analysts are using to derive their PT for INR.
    Ironically, I continue to hear the same negativity around why INR is trading where it is, and there is a massive heard mentality. It’s along the lines of INR taking too long, and not mining until 2026……
    Let’s flip it and put a positive spin on what may happen. I see massive consolidation taking place in the Lithium space over the next 18months, and once permitted, Ioneer are naturally going to be a massive target. Ioneer isn’t a 3 year play, it’s a 12 month play. They’re fully funded, they don’t have to raise equity, and all they need is their final permit, which they will get.
    I never bought Ioneer as an investment with the mindset they would be miners. They’ve found the asset, they’ve proven the economics, they’ve preserved the buckwheat. They have a cracking asset and IMO they will be a serious take over target once permit is given.
    Those calling this story a long term story are kidding themselves. The share price upside will play out over the next 12-18months. You’re either in or you’re not.
    Good luck to the holders, you will be rewarded IMO and it won’t take long.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.