miner give 13 billion big thumbs up to labor , page-19

1. 942 Posts.
    Re: "What do you think would have happened to jobs if labor held onto the surplus and let us slide into recession. Abbott was against stimulus he was for hording the surplus"
    ----------
    Deflection is a poor way to argue.
    ----------
    re: "As for small miners the economics of their resource/reserves are dependant on multiple factors, tax would not be the main priority for the viability of a mine and if it is its too marginal a proposition"
    ----------
    There, you've said it. If the tax is too much - then get the smaller miner out of the running. They are, in your terms, irrelevant.
    Mines are a huge investment for what may be a NOTHING return. To reduce the reward at the end of the rainbow is a consideration. I agree - not the only consideration, but if they are disadvantaged in Aus from doing their stuff, this will affect where or if they invest.
    -----------
    "Investment doesnt seem to have dried up"
    ----------
    I love this argument! The investment cycle for mines is measured in years and decades - not in the few weeks since the MRRT was announced. Even since the announcement of the joke that was the RSPT is only a few months old. As it is, you have the smaller miners have started their protests against the MRRT.
    -----------
    Re: "more equitable distribution of mineral wealth"
    Yep! Tax the smaller miners but allow greater concessions for the multinationals! To reflect your baiting of me - are you sure you're not a closet right winger?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.