WGX 6.51% $2.29 westgold resources limited.

Cheers Joel, a well deserved award to the whole team, though......

1. 11,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6068
    Cheers Joel, a well deserved award to the whole team, though... as with most things, it sort of glosses over the real reason this award was collected... much more than 12 months hard work. The hardest work/decisions were made 18-24 months ago, and only now are we seeing all the benefits, but... still a nice recognition.

Good one @goldinvo - though I am agreeing in gest, as really, WGX was outgunned for many reasons, few of which if any have to do with the refreshed board and management and zero to do with the 1200+ staff.

Interesting view @loki01, though I try to get into the mind of the major shareholders, more than the retail side (which... I imagine are less impartial and likely to wish for very..... high numbers). SPRs biggest shareholder is sitting on incredible gains already (400%+). Why would they not be open to a deal?
    As for dilution, I am a holder of both companies and together, the re-rate would be... substantial. Potentially a 500k p.a producer by FY25.... would potentially receive much larger market cap than a combined entity (my guess is $3-4 billion). Basically double the current share prices. Sure... not 'exciting' when compared to the profits many are sitting on at SPR, but... as you get bigger, to get further bags becomes much more of a slog.

WGX have more than enough cash to fully fund a restart of SPR, develop its 1 decline (or... who knows how many), the major stripping of the main pit and upgrade the plant. A 500k p.a unhedged producer in West Aust.... currently, there is none in the market, though I know GMD wants to be one. RRL hopes to be one in 2027....

Think back to when BGL was trading at 1/4 the market cap... I can, it was already seen as too expensive, yet.. if someone had stepped up, they would be sitting on 2-3x gains.

You of course make good points about WGX missing their chance early on. What's done is done.
    WGX also just stick to its current assets and perhaps pickup the small fry around it (also a viable option), especially if their exploration starts to see success. WGX is lucky to have a suite of options. WGX could also look further afield if they do see SPR as too dilutive.

I suppose I am a bit ambivalent as both WGX and SPR are doing well. If WGX keeps doing well, then an internal focus is fine, especially with some dividends along the way.

Like you I am looking forward to a good quarter. Should be a big quarterly as they have lots on the go with Great Fingal and Big Bell Deeps in development, and their Geo team finally getting a chance to flex their muscles. cool.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.29
Change
0.140(6.51%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.20 $2.34 $2.19 $19.18M 8.433M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12978 $2.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.29 21550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.28
  Change
0.140 ( 6.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.21 $2.33 $2.20 2447264
Last updated 15.59pm 29/05/2024 ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.