ADO 8.33% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

Minicare detects troponin in under 5 minutes., page-7

1. 6,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1964
    I was thought there were some really great outcomes reported in this article on the trials to date. There's no guarantee ADO was used in the device but for me, the timelines of ADO's announcements with regard to POC1 just lines up too neatly with Philips to be ignored. The descriptions of the POC1 company, in terms of earnings, product development setbacks etc make it almost a certainy it is Philips.

To date, I've only ever heard of test times being "less than 10 minutes." This is the first report where I've heard the company being quoted as saying it takes less than 5 minutes. This is a huge leap. The report also touches on its multiplexing capabilities which is very exciting.
    It's amazing to think that just over a year ago that biomeriux terminated its partnership with philips because biomeurieux thought it was too challenging and now we end up with these kind of results.

- Faster than existing technology - Proof-of-concept tests the system managed to detect picomolar Troponin-I concentrations successfully in less than 5 minutes.

- Aiming to be used at the site of emergency, in the ambulance. Existing technology has too many limitations, size, need to be on a stable flat surface (good luck with that in an ambo), higher storage demands for cartridges - AMG is less demanding in terms of storage requirements, has longer shelf life, even at room temp.

- "The entire process takes place in the system’s cartridge. Since the technology allows several measurement chambers per cartridge, the device can detect multiple target molecules in one go." Multiplexing anyone?

- Has potential for much wider applications "According to Philips, the system can potentially be used in a wide range of applications. For example, it can be used to monitor the concentration of white blood cells in the blood of cancer patients that receive chemotherapy. The company says that the system could be used in the patient’s home and alert doctors if the immune system shows signs of deterioration resulting from the treatment. Additionally, in proof-of-concept tests, the system successfully detected parathyroid hormones and several molecules that indicate drugs abuse."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.002(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $54.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.2¢ $40.20K 1.786M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 386453 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 248196 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.