TVN 0.00% 5.6¢ tivan limited

Mining ‘will drive growth’ in the NT, insists Vowles

1. 3,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    Mining ‘will drive growth’ in the NT, insists Vowles
    GARY SHIPWAY, NT News
    December 19, 2018 9:51am
    Subscriber only
    THE mining and resources sector underpins the Territory economy, and will continue to drive growth in our economy and provide jobs for decades to come Primary Industry and Resources Minister Ken Vowles said Tuesday.
    Mr Vowles is in Adelaide attending the inaugural dedicated COAG Resources meeting and the COAG Energy Council. “Australian Bureau of Statistics figures show mineral exploration expenditure in the Territory increased by 43 per cent during the 2017/18 financial year, compared to 26 per cent nationally,” he said.
    “This is the biggest year-on-year increase since the peak of the last boom, and shows a high level of confidence in the Territory as a destination for explorers to invest in.”
    Reinforcing the importance of the industry to the Territory’s economic recovery is the fact the NT Government has given seven resources projects Major Project status.
    “And many of these are progressing through the approvals process.”
    Resources projects with Major Project status are: Ammaroo Phosphate Project — Verdant Minerals Limited; Chandler Salt Mine — Tellus Holdings; Jervois Copper-Silver-Gold Project — KGL Resources Limited; Mount Peake Mine and Metals Processing Facility — TNG Limited; Mount Todd Gold Mine — Vista Gold; Nolan’s Bore Rare Earths — Arafura Resources Limited; Wonarah Phosphate — Avenira Limited.
    Mr Vowles said the Resources Ministers meeting progressed the co-ordinated growth and development of Australia’s resources sector.
    Competitiveness, exploration, innovation, communities and workforce were all on the agenda, along with a minerals strategy.
    “This strategy is in line with the Territory Labor Government’s approach to developing our resources sector through the Resourcing the Territory initiative,” he said.
    “Today’s COAG Energy Council will discuss a national plan for hydrogen, an industry the Territory is well-placed to be part of.
    “The Territory is playing a growing role in the nation’s energy security — with the Northern Gas Pipeline completed last week — and the potential of the Beetaloo Basin means the NT is well-positioned to produce gas not only for national energy security and export, but also for more jobs and manufacturing in the Territory.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $96.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ $77.57K 1.365M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 80513 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.