mining and mineral investment ideas

1. 52 Posts.
    I am an Australian geologist working for an asian investment company with interests in small mineral deposits in a few locations around the world.

The management are wanting to acquire or establish joint-ventures with quality small to medium size mineral operations located anywhere in the world (if the numbers add up) thereby increasing the company's mineral commodities/resources 'portfolio'. Management figure now may be a good time given the financial crisis and the likelihood there are many small companies that could use a capital injection to continue the project development.

I have been given the task of brainstorming some operations/companies worldwide worthy of further attention by management. This monumental and slightly unrealistic task could probably benefit from a cast of thousands, but nevertheless I am going with it.
    I am thinking uranium and iron-ore, with possibly natural gas operations as a focus. It doesn't reall narrow things down very much though!

Anyone know of any operations in Australia ( Aust. companies perhaps with some good overseas projects also) out there that may fit the bill?

I'd welcome some ideas!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.