PLS 5.69% $3.16 pilbara minerals limited

Mining Approval History, page-9

1. 3,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 165
    I don't believe the fault lies with the Government on this debacle, As the saying goes "The buck stops here"
    and here is at the very top. The paperwork was presented for approval on the 4th July 2014 with an expected time frame of 3 months to approval. Firstly one of the reasons was blamed on a consultant, any mining engineer as well as any CEO should have known the ecological problems and requirements of tailings dam which are meant to be sealed in order that no leakage happens into the environment. This is pretty clear within the @Code of Practice Tailings Dam WA" documentation.
    Secondly for the nine months after the approvals were expected there has been continual indication that some communication was happening and it would be resolved soon. This may have been coming from our partners but it would be the CEO's job to find out why it is not being resolved and how it can be resolved.
    As far back as October additional personnel were employed in the expectation of start up by year end.
    The lack follow up as probable cost in expenses $5M as well as an anticipated $12M EBITDA.

Personnally I'm happy it happened as I have only recently bought in, but I hope management isn't so sloppy in the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.