CAY 0.00% 7.3¢ canyon resources limited

Mining deposits of Ngaoundal and Makan: battles between Chinese and Australians for control of bauxite, page-9

1. 2,512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    Assume this is not fake news, IMO, whatever happens behind the scenes, CAY is not in the worst possible position. On the contrary, I think it is in a very good position.

Think about this, China wants to have all three tenements but CAY has just got the Exploration Permits officially extended for two years on Makan and Ngaoundal, very fortunate! This means China will have to wait for at least two years to own these two tenements if without CAY's agreement.

As with Minim Martap, CAY reported on 8 December 2021 that it has finalised negotiations of the Key terms of the Mining Convention with Cameroon. If Cameroon really discovers any shortcoming after the finalization of negotiations, no doubt CAY will endeavour to address it. Cameroon cannot just cancel CAY's Mining Convention application without giving reasonable time to CAY to address Cameroon's concern.

Besides, CAY only informed market three days ago that “We are also pleased to have recently received the signatures of over 15 relevant Ministries inCameroon approving the terms of the negotiated Mining Convention for the Minim Martap Permitand we look forward to executing the Mining Convention with the State of Cameroon in the nearfuture.”. Why would these 15 relevant Ministries approve the terms of the negotiated Mining Convention if there is still a shortcoming?

So, IMO (note: my humble opinion and speculation only), a TO from China is imminent but China will have to pay reasonably good money to own this world class project. I don't think it is a low ball deal.

Let's see what happens next.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $100.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.4¢ 7.5¢ 7.3¢ $52.55K 702.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200000 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 68441 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.43pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.