LYC 2.50% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

mining firm, activists battle over rare earths, page-17

1. 398 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    This is indeed a sad story for many, but, one ought not forget the role of big trading houses and the extreme market power they wield with ruthless greed and self-interest, aided and abetted by the the compliance of the paper tiger ASIC and the self-interest of the ASX.
    There is no doubt in my mind that this stock has been manipulated down by the sheer financial power concentrated in these parasites. Anyone watching the bots, course of trading and the line wipes taking it south must have clearly see this has been the case.
    To my mind this is nothing short of criminal.
    The SP may well have floundered due to delays (SMSL), the falling REE basket price but that may not even have happened had confidence in sure supply a year earlier been maintained, again had SMSL not been allowed by the weak Malaysian government and LYC's lack of foresight itself to play their destructive hand. Throw in the GFC and we have experienced a perfect storm of wealth destruction during which start-up speculative stocks clearly have suffered at multiples to that of blue-chips. We may just thank God for the benevolence dictatorship of the Sultan which overlays the facade of democracy in Malaysia.
    The extent to which all these factors have interplayed upon each other cannot really be precisely quantified but take out shorting, in my mind an aberration to a free market, given the power of the trading houses in comparison to retail investors, the SP would not have sunk to the depths we have now. It may have languished sideways but definitely not sunk to where it is.
    However, fortunately the story has not finished as REE reamin fundamental to a modern economy and ironically, as someone stated previously, the bottoming of the Basket price may well clear out the REE wannabees and allow LYC to grow stronger and corner the ROW market. LYC has a state of the art refinery, contracts into the future, a massive REE deposit but that does not excuse of compensate to destruction caused on the way.
    If LYC and in turn I myself survive this saga, I will get out of the stock market forever and find a block of land near a beach, catch the odd wave and cast the odd rod and let the parasites squirm in the bad Karma they have create for themselves. They have it coming. Take comfort in the fate of Bernie Madoff and Eddie Obeid. Not so instant Karma's going to get all them bloodsuckers.
    Good luck to all. Remain positive in the face of all this and above all, be patient. It is, after all a virtue, and that will return I am sure, its own positive karma.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
-0.160(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.870B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.25 $10.66M 1.698M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13985 $6.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.79 10307 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.