RNE 20.0% 0.6¢ renu energy limited

Peterpumpkinhead - I think it was initially you who raised the...

1. 359 Posts.
    Peterpumpkinhead - I think it was initially you who raised the possibility of recovering Lithium from the circulating brines.
    If it is in really short supply the value could be set to rise much higher. Saw this item on CNN-Money. Here is an excerpt plus the link to the full item for anyone interested.

geojac.

GM to make lithium-ion hybrids in 2010
    The first vehicles will be mild hybrids with the plug-in Chevrolet Volt expected later that year.

Electrically-powered cars like GM's planned Chevrolet Volt will rely on more powerful lithium-ion batteries.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors Corp. says it expects to bring its first lithium-ion battery powered hybrid engine system to market in North America in 2010.

The world's largest automaker by sales will announce the hybrid system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-metal-hydride batteries.

Automakers and battery companies across the globe have been racing to develop lithium-ion technology, seen by many as the key to producing more fuel-efficient, plug-in hybrid vehicles that could use energy collected from home electrical outlets to assist gasoline engines in driving the vehicle. Depending on the number of miles driven, vehicles like this could get more than 100 miles per gallon and could even make short trips using no gasoline at all.

Lithium-ion technology already is widely used in consumer electronics, but now is being adapted to meet demanding automotive requirements. The batteries are lighter than other batteries, but cost and concerns about overheating have delayed their use.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/04/autos/gm_lithium_hybrids/index.htm?postversion=2008030410

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.357M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.4¢ $4.406K 856.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 5274884 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 6058246 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.