CYL 8.02% $1.75 catalyst metals limited

Hat tip to @Petersburg for finding this, about Henty, which is...

1. 1,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    Hat tip to @Petersburg for finding this, about Henty, which is Catalyst's only active mine.

"Squeezing conditions in hard rock underground mines with defined foliation/schistosity/bedding fabric are becoming more common as mines develop deeper. Often mines are finding themselves in squeezing ground without having planned to deal with these challenging conditions and can make time consuming, costly and hazardous mining decisions to keep ore drives serviceable. An understanding of what is occurring around the underground opening is critical and implementing practical yet proven ground support strategies is essential. The Henty Gold Mine, located in western Tasmania, Australia has recent mining experience in extreme hard rock squeezing conditions. Examples of monitoring data collected at Henty Mine to manage and control squeezing ground conditions are presented. A mining drive closure classification more suited to extreme closure has been produced. The ground support methods are described and the design process used to justify the ground support methods using advanced numerical modelling techniques are discussed."

Given the TWO stope failures and A$2763/oz AISC in Q1, it sounds like Catalyst management is IMO not getting a handle on this expensive problem.

This IMO goes directly to management competence. Merge with these guys, letting CYL management take the wheel? NO thank you!

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308196376_Mining_in_extreme_squeezing_conditions_at_the_Henty_mine

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.75
Change
0.130(8.02%)
Mkt cap ! $393.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.62 $1.76 $1.59 $1.048M 625.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 300 $1.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.75 26808 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.