CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

mining lease part 2

1. 679 Posts.
    ........ Its is no wonder mining companies are leaving Queensland in their droves with the time it takes to get a mining lease. The ground around Cloncurry is now nearly all open with companies dropping out of exploration in that region due to the non functioning of the Queensland Government and especially DERM (Dept of Environment) and the Mines Department). In my previous discussions on this forum I presented to argument, that it is no wonder we have to sell off the QR our railways system and other state assets, whilst the mining of minerals in QLD is declining. Four Companies in Cloncurry, all waiting from between 3 and 5 years for a mining lease. This is totally unacceptable and the Premier needs to step in. Newcrest Mining the largest Gold Miner in Australia has walked out of Queensland Exploration. Rio and BHP have pulled out of mineral Exploration. They are only doing coal now. That only leaves the juniors to explore and they cannot keep raising cash from shareholders who are going to wait 5 years or more for dividends. Thank GOD WM had the foresight to apply for the lease over Rocklands 4 1/2 years ago. At least we will be the first to get the Mining Lease in Cloncurry. Im told that it is expected around March 2011. Not long to wait, but what I cant understand is, that someone in the government must know how the process is for bringing a mine into production. There are items called "long Lead items" , things like Ball and Sag Mills that take a year or more to manufacture, Power Units, Crushers and thickeners. Sandfire discovered a major copper mine in WA Degrussa 18 months ago. They applied for the mining lease 9 months ago and it was granted yesterday,,, see announcement SFR today. Is there anyone that reads this forum that has contacts in the QLD government to hurry these idiots along. I am going to make a suggestion. Why dont we all pool together a fund for a full page in the courier mail and ask the Government "WOTS THE PROBLEM" Hello is there anyone home. Lets ask the Queensland Government Publicly, "wots wrong with the system" Why can WA do it in 9 months and QLD cant do it in 4 1/2 years. One of the reasons is that WA has only 1 Deptartment, not multiple like Qld. Im sure they will have a bunch of morons in the DERM and Mines Dept who will give a 10 hour speech on why they are hopeless. What about the treasurer and the premier and the Mines Dept Minister and the DERM Minister, where the hell are they????
    We are all shareholders, there is no point us moaning and groaning, we should put our shoulder to the wheel and help push this cause. It is after all "OUR CAUSE" OR lets organize a major protest at the DERM or the Mines Dept or the Premiers Office. Lets stop talking and lets start doing. This SFR thing has highlight the deficiencies in this QLD Government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.