CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

I have gone back through the announcements and the Mining Lease...

1. 679 Posts.

I have gone back through the announcements and the Mining Lease Application commenced in mid 2006 under a terms of reference set out by the Queensland Government. The problem is with the DERM appears to be the way they handle the data as it comes into the department. The terms of reference means nothing to the DERM and talking to Exco and to Universal when they were called universal is that there is no consultation between the Mines Dept and the DERM (Dept Inviro). The Qld mines dept used to have its own Environmental Department for handling mines and Mining Lease Applications. The former Premier and his irresponsible and dumb arse co-horts decided to make changes that had been in place and successfully so for 50 years. The set it up so the Mines Dept had to rely on a completely different department and they appear not to even like each other. The DERM is full of Greenies and Ferals who hate mining and from what Im told by a guy in the mines dept (very high up) dont even talk or even like each other. He said non of the DERM people want mining in Qld. Beatty did nothing for Qld , he put in no infrastructure over his ten years rein, he was just a poor bstd Surely there is someone in the Government that can get the mining leases in Qld moving again. The point I was making was that, the requirements of what the DERM want for a mining lease is ridiculous. How can SFR complete a EIS and have it finished and granted in 9 months???. Its not so much the time from when the EIS is lodged, its the information and the requirements that DERM need before a mining company can even lodge an EIS. Look I know its just a matter of time but one thing I would like all "POSTERS" to ask themselves. SE Queensland and North Queensland is under water. The floods have the sewerage and the oil and agriculture products including fuel and spray products like poisons for spraying, being flooded by the rains. The houses and roads are under water, peoples lives are in chaos, furniture ruined, carpets, cars, what crops are gone. WHERE IS THE DERM??? HOW DID THEY LET THIS HAPPEN YEAR AFTER YEAR. Answer: they couldn't care less about them. If these river banks break every time there is big floods and in the summer the bush fires are allowed to burn their crops and houses WHERE IS DERM???? They are too busy worrying about a little flooding on a mine lease thousands of kilometres away from where anybody cares. They seems more worried about a creek that might over flow in an area that will have no effect on anyone, but the cities where it matters are under water. In Brisbane the mayor was handing out free sandbags. NO DERM there either. The Mining Companies with support from shareholders must change this mess. Look what the hackers did for Julian Assange Wikileaks. 4,000 hackers shut down the Pay Pal, Shut down the credit cards company's and Amazon and others. We are shareholders and we have a voice and we all seem to sit back and let Government Departments control our investments. The SFR mining lease says one thing to mining companies. DONT DO BUSINESS IN QLD , STAY in OTHER STATES. I HOPE EVERYONE NOTICED HOW QUICK THE Q.R. (Queensland Railway) IPO got done for the government. Once the big mining companies decided they didn't want QR the QLD Gov only took six months to put a Prospectus and have the IPO listed and trading on the ASX. They can do it for themselves in 6 month, because the state is Bankrupt, all they had to do was to give a little attention to their Mines Dept and re-assess where they have gone wrong and start living off mining royalties instead of selling states assets. It is not only the mines dept having problems with DERM it is all industry in Queenlands. I notice their latest quest is to have legislation in Qld for changing a light globe. They want only a qualified electrician to change a light bulb. Whats next a plumber to turn on the tap.???? We cant even cut a branch off a tree on our own properties, residential or rural unless we get written permission from DERM. In one case a guy in Zillmere in Brisbane was told by his insurance company he had to remove a big branch on his property before they would insure his new property. He applied to DERM and after eighteen months and 4 applications, because after his first application the guy was told, sorry we have changed the application form. He put in 4 applications and each time they sent him back a new form. After being told after 11 months, that the guy who can make the decision has gone on long service leave. 2 weeks later the tree branch fell and did $6,000 damage (NO INSURANCE).
    When he rang DERM, they told him that it was better to have his house damaged with no insurance because if he had cut down the tree DERM would have fined him $25,000 so he was better off and had DERM to thank for that. This is the mentality of what mining and householders and rural people in QLD have to deal with. The gas industry is in the same mess.
    with the Premier of QLD, do you have any idea what is going on. I guess not: We just spent $1.2Billion on the Salt water to Clean drinking water facility on the Gold Coast. No one in the government checked to see if the plant was made out of 304 Quality Stainless Steel or 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel. Unfortunately 304SS rusts. It started rusting up after 3 months and was closed last week. So I dont suppose there is any reason to call Captain Bligh the Premier. We will have to wait for the elections

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.