NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Bridgettes back.......

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Bridgettes back....

http://www.iol.co.za/business/companies/mining-transformation-a-mockery-1.1739089

"The country’s top mining houses should not be allowed to make a mockery of South Africa’s transformation agenda, either through fronting or by failing to uplift workers through ownership. That’s the word from the president of the South African Mining Development Association, Bridgette Radebe, who briefed Parliament’s mineral resources oversight committee yesterday."...continues

“And how many of those 49 listed companies are making sure that we do not employ foreign blacks, instead of promoting our local blacks and try to go and make a mockery of our transformation and say we are BEE, when the people are not from my village or your village and come from neighbouring countries?” Radebe asked. She said she had nothing against neighbouring countries, but “we need to ensure that the workers are also being regarded as chief executives. Government does that; why can’t we?” On foreign ownership and BEE, Radebe went as far as accusing certain companies of fronting. Also addressing the committee, Solidarity general secretary Gideon du Plessis said foreign mine owners needed an “induction” to sensitise them to the country’s realities."
    Government does that....mmmm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.