BMN 1.34% $2.27 bannerman energy ltd

Topped up a further 10% today - Couldnt resist. Stoked! :) FYI...

1. 817 Posts.
    Topped up a further 10% today - Couldnt resist. Stoked! :)

FYI holders - without divulging dates everything is on track. Perhaps someone with more experience could elaborate on how much longer this could/should take?

Good day all!
    Swinga

Dear Me,

Regarding your inquiry about the status of our mining licence

Please note that we did submit the application ahead of typical mining procedure ? that is, we submitted our application upon completion of the Prefeasibility Study. Usually an application is submitted along with the Definitive Feasibility Study. So we do consider ourselves well ahead with the receipt of the formal environmental clearance -- this we consider a solid indication of the Ministry?s positive view of our mine plan.

We have been keeping very close to the Ministry of Mines in order to monitor the progress of the Mining licence. Len Jubber (our CEO) and our VP of Corporate Affairs, Brandon Munro, (who resides in Windhoek and physically close to the ministry), keep close communications with the Minister of Mines, and have not been lead to doubt that the Etango project will be permitted. As well, we have not been given any further direction that we need to oblige, that is, we seem to have satisfied all of their conditions for a licence.

While we appreciate your view on the significance of the mining licence as a milestone, we remain confident on the progress of our development timeline.

I do hope this has helped, but please do not hesitate to contact me again with further questions. Thank you for your interest and support in Bannerman Resources.

Sincerely,

Ann Gibbs Baines

Ann Gibbs Baines
    INVESTOR RELATIONS
    T +416-388-7247 M +416-627-8872
    www.bannermanresources.com
    E [email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, 10 November 2010 10:15 AM
    To: Accounts
    Subject: Mining Licence info.

Hi there

Further to your September quarterly report can you please give some indication as to when the market might be likely to have information released regarding the mining licence as it is coming up a year since the ML was applied for. How long does this normally take please? I'm sure this will be a key driver for institutions getting on board and while I am already a shareholder I am keen to get further security around my investment in terms of ML approval and certainty of project go-ahead. I consider these KEY milestones.

Your time is appreciated.

Mining Licence

Bannerman lodged a Mining Licence application for the Etango Project with the Namibian Ministry of Mines and Energy in late 2009, with the application based on the Company?s December 2009 Preliminary Feasibility Study. Bannerman continues to liaise closely with the Namibian Government regarding the grant of the Mining Licence.

As reported for the previous quarter, Bannerman has received notification of formal environmental clearance from the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism for development of the Etango Project as described in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (?ESIA?). The ESIA was conducted in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act of Namibia, and was based on an open pit mining operation focused on the Anomaly A deposit, with processing undertaken by heap leach methods.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.27
Change
0.030(1.34%)
Mkt cap ! $405.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.24 $2.31 $2.23 $1.273M 558.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 11187 $2.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.28 777 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.